Locate Properties is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
GDPR is an EU regulation which asks for a number of new Data Protection measures to be put in place by businesses. The main aim of GDPR is to create a more transparent and fair relationship between people and businesses to hold and use their personal data.
We take privacy very seriously. This notice explains to you how we use the personal information you provide to us in connection with the services we provide on your behalf or otherwise that we might obtain through third party sources including how we might share such information with third parties.
We will only use your personal information for the following purposes:-
- To administer and manage our current relationship and any ongoing relationship with you including the
setting up and maintaining new instructions, taking on agency transactions, marketing on your behalf.
- To process on your behalf the services we provide in connection with Estate Agency letting and sale services.
- To deal with any enquiries we receive from you.
- For the purpose of any corrective action which may be required in respect of any of the services we provide on your behalf.
- To comply with applicable Laws, Regulations and Rules.
- To provide you with details of ongoing and developing services and promotions which we may intend to market at some future dates.
- To notify you of changes to what we already do.
- To make checks of Credit Reference Agencies or other Third Parties from time to time in the event that you require to use our services either for the purpose of instructing us for the sale or the letting of your property or alternatively to take up a Tenancy Agreement with us.
- For the purpose of recovery of a debt in case of non-payment of any invoices which might be outstanding from time to time.
In connection with these purposes, we may share your personal information with third parties in other circumstances, in particular:-
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with Legal Obligations or to enforce or apply any of our Terms and Conditions of Trading and other Agreements.
To protect the rights, intellectual property or safety of our Company, its staff, our clients or others.
In response to a request from a Government Authority (including a regulator) or if we sell any business or assets in which we will disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Where for example monies may remain outstanding and due to us or to any other clients, e.g. for debt recovery purposes we may also obtain additional information about you beyond that provided from Credit Reference and Trading Agents.
Our Legal basis for these uses of your personal information may include that:-
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests in operating our business and /or providing you with the service and/or
- It is necessary for the performance of contracts or obligations to which you are party with us.
From time to time we would also like to keep in touch with you to provide details of any new services and promotional offers, which we may produce. If you do not wish to be contacted in this way, please contact us at email@example.com
You have various rights under Data Protection Law regarding the processing of your personal information including rights to:-
- Request access to personal information we hold about you and details of our processing of your personal information.
- Request us to correct inaccurate personal information.
- Request us to delete personal information in certain circumstances.
- Receive your personal information in a format suitable for transmission to a third party.
- To object to and/or restrict the processing of your personal information (including profiling) on certain grounds.
- To object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing.
- To object to any decision about you based solely on automated processing (including any profiling) that produces legal effects or otherwise significantly affects you.
- Lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioners Office.
You can separately request from us in relation to these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Locate Properties Ltd, 814 Garratt Lane, Tooting, London SW17 0LZ. Any information to which you are entitled will be provided within a reasonable period subject to the exemption stipulated in applicable Data Protection Laws.
We will not keep your personal information longer than is necessary taking into account information needed for Legal Requirements and Limitation Periods.